As Mother’s Day was upon us, I would like to share few things that all moms would love to give as advice to many out there. John 10:10 says, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” The thief is coming to attack us physically, mentally or emotionally, and spiritually. The thief’s target is those who are not close with God because it is easy to influence them. Although, it’s hard to make a move on those who believe Jesus Christ, sealed with Holy Spirit, and mediate the Word of God. They are also being covered by the prayers of the Body of Christ and the armor of God. They should be aware of the snares or schemes of the devil and here are the 4 devices of devil:
1. Drugs – Now this can mean anything that is addictive. It doesn’t have to be the actual substance that destroys you. For example, coffee can become addictive that can cause problem down the road. This is something we need to be watchful about as it can be something that can lead to some problems in the future. Stay away from substance abuse or taking any type of drugs. Run baby run.
2. Guns/ Weapons or Violence – Now this is an obvious device. As I can say to children out there stay away. RUN BABY RUN.
3. Sexual experiments or failures – These can lead to guilt and other health problems in the future. It leads to guilty consciousness that can affect the sacredness of marital relationship in the future. In this computer world, the devil doesn’t have to spend time planning on how he can convince us; it can be as easy as an email, facebook or any other social media which can contain the necessary hooks. Boys stay boys and grow up into your manhood as your Creator wants you to be. Girls stay girls and grow up into your womanhood as God created you. Be mature to know what is evil or bad and good. These affect all the aspects of human being.
4. Electronic Gadgets – This is not specific to youngsters anymore. This can be an issue to many adults, even during church time as well. Gadgets can be used for good and evil. We must be mature enough to identify and eliminate what is good and evil. If you are addicted to these machines or technologies, then you will be tempted to use these during family time, meals, prayer and even during church services. It is affecting the human communications and relationships. It is ending even some marriages. Beware of these schemes of Devil. Children, grow up and be mature to understand these factors that lead not to the success but to failures.
Understand the wiles of Devil.
Ephesians 6:11 says, “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” Also James 4:7, “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” We have more Scriptures like 1Tim.3:7; 2Tim.2:26; James 4:7; 2Cor.2:11; 1Peter 5:5.
– Pastor’s Jiji Chacko Ph.D.